Latest News: Influencer Marketing Trends that have changed in 2021
The year 2020 changed the status quo in terms of influencer marketing. While many businesses were affected by the pandemic, the online world somehow blossomed. The reason for this is that social media users turned influencers were able to change the narrative of the lockdown and instead push out content.
The lockdown had almost everyone indoors consuming more online content than they normally would have. The success of influencer marketing lied in people taking charge and staying ahead of influencer marketing trends.
To help you stay ahead, this blog post will cover all the influencer marketing trends that you should be aware of for 2021 and beyond.
(Copyright photo from: https://unsplash.com/photos/50LI_TgaB3k)
What is Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing can be defined as a brand reaching out to collaborate with an influencer (mainly social media) to promote the brand's products. Influencer marketing was created when brands realized that it is much wiser to partner with social media "celebrities" who have a higher social media influence with their followers than celebrities.
The process of influencer marketing can be straightforward or complex depending on the objective the brand has for the collaboration. Many brands delve into influencer marketing for the sole purpose of increasing brand awareness. Other brands venture into influencer marketing to increase product sales or website traffic.
Why is influencer marketing crucial?
The logic behind influencer marketing can be simplified as thus;
- A brand partners with an influencer; typically, someone in a similar niche with the brand
- The influencer creates content for the brand promoting their products or services
- The influencer’s followers learn about the brand and become (more) aware of its existence
- The influencer's followers are interested and thus become the brand’s new customers
Influencer marketing is a crucial piece in digital marketing and the eCommerce world at large because of the ‘TRUST’ factor it holds. These influencers already have an established relationship with an audience you would like into customers for your brand.
Rather than deliver a sales pitch as to why these customers should purchase your product, the influencer, by simply posting or promoting your product convinces the audience.
When influencer marketing is done right, the content the influencer creates will resonate better with the audience than any advert the brand itself would create. The reason for this is that the influencer knows the desires of the audience and how to accurately address them.
Influencer Marketing trends in 2021
We are more than halfway through 2021, and influencer marketing trends have changed from what they were at the beginning of the year. To accurately pinpoint the influencer marketing trends to expect as the year goes on, your brand should be attuned to the social media marketing sphere.
Instagram marketing trends can be fickle, but that doesn't mean trends that will remain do not exist. Examples of such Instagram marketing trends are;
- Micro and Nano influencers will get more attention: Influencers with 10,000 or fewer followers on social media are often known as Micro and Nano influencers. The logic behind brands using influencers with fewer followers is that these influencers have higher engagement rates than sizeable influencers.
Micro and Nano influencers are also easier to work with than sizeable influencers.
- Influencer marketing partnerships and relationships are preferred over one-off partnerships: brands will look to create long-lasting relationships and partnerships with influencers rather than using them for a single campaign alone. This trend will be aimed at increasing brand loyalty not just with influencers and brands but with the community the influencer controls.
Details regarding brand partnerships will also be documented and more secure to prevent brands from being scammed.
- New social media platforms will be created: 2020 was a big year for TikTok. The pandemic drastically increased the number of people on the app, and influencers flocked to it. Asides from TikTok’s fame, Reels and Clubhouse emerged.
An influencer marketing trend to look out for is the rise of new social networking applications and CGI influencers. Examples of CGI influencers are Miquela and Bermuda on Instagram that collectively has over 3 million followers.
- Video Content will increase in popularity: In 2018, 54% of consumers stated that they prefer video content over text and video. Now in 2021, the stats have increased drastically and are still on the rise. People respond better to video content, and the introduction of apps like TikTok and IG Reels shows us this.
- More specialized influencers and accurate social media metrics tracking: It is not rare to see Influencers promoting products in camping gear and swimsuit wear (for example) consecutively. Trends like this will cease as influencers will become more niche-specific and stick to it.
Influencer marketers should look for specific influencers, rather than search for random influencers in the niche. For instance, if your brand sells dining cutlery, your brand should partner with an etiquette influencer. It is better to use an etiquette influencer over an influencer that fits into the aesthetic.
Influencers will also need to be aware of social media metrics as brands will be looking into their engagement to ensure that the influencer is worth being paid the asking amount.
The future of Influencer Marketing
The world of influencer marketing is currently worth $13.8 billion and is set to increase as the years’ progress. The Influencer marketing trends show that the influencer marketing field is quite viable with no signs of slowing down in the future.
Surveys performed by Influencer Marketing Hub show that over 60% of marketers plan on increasing their influencer budget. Understanding that no one willingly drops money into a sinking boat, it is safe to say that influencer marketing is here to stay.
Understanding Influencer Marketing Trends places your brand ahead of the tides destined for success. The results that influencer marketing can have on a brand prove that one’s advertising budget can be spent more effectively.
If your brand is yet to delve into the world of influencer marketing, this is your sign to do so now. On the off chance that the lingo of the influencer marketing world is beyond you, brands like AllValue create a seamless process for you.
AllValue is an eCommerce software tool created with the goals of customers at heart. AllValue is one of few software tools designed to handle all that pertains to your brand. Some of the services offered by AllValue include website builder, payment processing, logistics, and of course connecting your brand with the right influencer for influencer marketing.
AllValue does not just collect information on brands, but sees that your brand goals are achieved to the utmost. Don't hesitate and visit www.allvalue.com today!